Friday, June 20, 2014

Day 21: Final Thoughts

Well, it's damn near time to wrap up this blog. But first, a few things to discuss.

I noted two posts ago about these massive boogers that come out weeks after your surgery. Brace yourself, I'm about to post a picture of what a mild (yes, this was a small one) one looks like.

I had a picture of a ridiculous looking one, but I accidentally deleted it, and my Dropbox was out of space...so it didn't get backed up.

On that note, if you have enjoyed this blog, please sign up for Dropbox and install it on your computer. That's a referral link to my account, and will actually help me earn free space, so I won't have to purchase more! It's free for you and free for me! If this information on the process of a septoplasty has helped you in anyway, I'd really appreciate you signing up and installing it on your PC. Anyway, back to the picture I was talking about.

 
Yes. This is a mild one. You'll be blowing this suckers out for at least 3 weeks following your surgery, so stock up on the Kleenex.

I can breathe wonderfully now. The surgery was totally worth it. It was really, really rough at times...and I can't emphasize enough the potential of an anxiety attack with this type of surgery (fuck those splints), but I feel great.

My nose is still slightly sore to the touch, but I've been told that can last up to six months. But at this point, even blowing my nose doesn't hurt. I've seen different doctors say different things about when you can blow your nose, but 10 days seems like a good medium. Personally, I'd ask your surgeon if you want to be safe.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment