Monday, June 2, 2014

Day 3: I Need An Appointment!

Today, the anxiety really hit me hard. I tried to quit the Vicodin, but the pain is still pretty intense. They recommend using Tylenol because it doesn't thin blood, but that doesn't seem to help much either. So, I got back on my Vicodin doses.

It's definitely causing this anxiety I'm feeling. You know that feeling when you are in an elevator and you get to your floor but the doors take forever to open? And you start worrying? Like, what if this thing never opens?

I want off this ride!

Yep. It's that feeling all day long.

I called in to schedule my post op. The earliest they can do is Friday, which would be a week. It works, but I'm going to have to buckle down and try to fight this urge to panic the whole week.

I feel well enough to lay down flat now. My nose is about 70% clogged, but the bleeding has stopped. The saline spray has saved my life, really, it has. It keeps things clear and moist, and I really recommend it.

Tips for Day 3:
  • At this point, your nose might start clearing up a bit. Resist the urge to touch or mess with your nose in any way other than liberal sprays of saline. Let the splints do their job and heal your nose.
  • The only exception to this was that I left my mask on overnight and my whole right nostril got blocked off by dried blood. Like, literally a cap on the nostril. I carefully picked it off using a cotton swab with saline on it to keep things clean. A bit painful, not sure if I'd do it again, but it let things drain naturally once more. Crisis averted.

No comments:

Post a Comment